X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumpy Idle B20

Hey guys

I’ve noticed my m20b20 has a jumpy idle every 10 or so seconds

the idle is generally pretty steady but it just seems to have a quick little jump in revs for about 2 seconds and go back to normal

spark plugs were changed about 3years/400km ago - not sure if they’re correct spec plugs though and the first two tightened pretty early as well if that could be the cause of anything

video: https://flic.kr/p/2kYEVAZ cus it seems like uploading a file here on safari is a nightmare

1- Do valve adjustments.
    2- Check TPS idle switch continuity and TPS and throttle body adjustments if idle lower than 700rpm (google it).

Comment

Originally posted by ADEN View Post
      1- Do valve adjustments.
      2- Check TPS idle switch continuity and TPS and throttle body adjustments if idle lower than 700rpm (google it).

Comment

Originally posted by ADEN View Post
        1- Do valve adjustments.
        the idle is steady at about 700-800. The valves definitely need adjusting so I’ll get onto that

my icv hose is pretty cracked and I’ve got electrical tape around it so that wouldn’t be helping at all but I’ve ordered one.

Another issue I have is a slight whine I can hear at idle, I’ve attached a video where you can hear it better when I’m further away from the car. https://flic.kr/p/2kYSrMD

Comment

Your engine sound normal no whine this is m20 sound but has a ticking a valve adjustment will cure it.
          Vacuum leaks are the first problem you need to check it. M20s don't like them.

Comment

Make sure to check the two vacuum lines on the side of the TB, cracked pretty bad on my friend's bronzit vert.

Comment

Working...
            X