• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed......

Need help identifying this noise. M20 stroker
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Sounds like a loose belt

Comment

Someone has to help you at least narrow down the noise area in order to start the guessing game lol.

Comment

Sound like it is coming from rear of engine. Belts are all new and tight. Car starts, but will shut down immediately without throttle input.

Comment

I don't think that is a belt noise. Sounds like a dry bearing. Manual car? Did the noise start recently? Driven daily? Does engaging or disengaging the clutch change the noise?

Comment

Loose flywheel maybe.. to check take the dust plate at the end of the oil pan between transmission and oil pan the flywheel will be visible try to push it by small bar to check if it loose or stay under the car and let someone crank it and watch the flywheel rotation.

Or maybe pressure plate might got loosen and fell down rubbing against the input shaft, but if the car gets into gear and moves then it is not the pressure plate.

Comment

Took video to local BMW “guru”, said starter is hanging up on ring gear. Motor was out for a replacement, so apparently I failed to mate the pair properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducatidom View Post
                Took video to local BMW “guru”, said starter is hanging up on ring gear. Motor was out for a replacement, so apparently I failed to mate the pair properly.
                I guess if starter is hanging on flywheel then the noise will accrue after startup not during startup also.

Comment

Working...
                X