M20 specs and variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 specs and variations

So, I was reading this article: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...Building_a_2.7

The author talks about early i engines (pre-87) having higher compression (9.75:1) pistons with deeper skirts than the later M20 engines.

I have heard that some eta's had higher compression, but the author is talking specifically about using i head and i pistons for a 2.7 stroker when he mentions the high compression pistons.

I am confused, who can clarify?

Thanks

Quote from article:

"Early 325i pistons (9.75:1) have deep skirts"

Comment

There were a lot of things that didn't make it "across the pond" to the US cars.
      I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
        There were a lot of things that didn't make it "across the pond" to the US cars.
        That's what I figured. Keeping everything to themselves...

Comment

If it was only that easy to pull pistons from the junkyard I would have a bunch for you guys. example there is a Seta sitting right here about to go to scrap but I amnot about to pull the motor to get the pistons.
          Originally posted by Nicademus
          My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb View Post
            If it was only that easy to pull pistons from the junkyard I would have a bunch for you guys. example there is a Seta sitting right here about to go to scrap but I amnot about to pull the motor to get the pistons.
            Pretty damn sure you can get the pistons out with the motor in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 884door View Post
              Pretty damn sure you can get the pistons out with the motor in the car.
              yeah, but pulling the oil pan is almost as much work... and you have to pull the head, etc.

Comment

Scribd is the world's largest social reading and publishing site.

it says that 87-88 was 9.4, the 89-90 was 8.8, and euro 85-89 was 9.7

not entirely sure i agree, but ok

Comment

Working...
                X