X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's interested....Steel Oil Pan M20??

OK

First off let me start by saying, I have personally replaced my oil pan 4x having owned and driven an e30 on and off for 10yrs.

IF YOU DRIVE A LOWERED E30 THEN PLS CONTINUE READING!!!

I finally came up up with this idea to have a repoduction pan made out of punched out/pressed steel, similar to many other pans found on late model cars of today and yesterday.

Benefits: Can take a lot more abuse, can be dented and will not CRACK/Shatter like OEM. Dents can then be hammered back out depending on severity. Other than that, it will perform all the same duties as the OEM Cast Aluninum part, and hopefully be cheaper.

Here is what I am proposing. I have been in communication with several manufacturers of steel pans. I propOsed this idea to them and several have expressed interest in working with me to produce this REPLICA part in steel, rather than Cast Aluminum.

I don't have pricing info yet. I need to get a feel as to how many I need to request, as they price based on volume.

Please post a reply to express your interest or comments.

PS- If I am not mistaken, one of the 525i (e34) models used a pan like this, but for some reason not on the e30.

More info to follow..please spread the word, the mroe the better the pricing!!!

iirc, some very early etas have steel pans too (like 84-85 325e)
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Let's not cross post.

kthxbye
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X