Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bout to replace timing belts whats necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bout to replace timing belts whats necessary?

Like Im going to changed my timing belt soon, do I have to buy that crank pulley tool, timing guide pin, n springs? I was thinking about just getting that super kit but some of those stuff's are not needed. Its a 325e btw

you need the timing belt, the tb tensioner, water pump, wp gasket, cam seal.

you can reuse the spring and guide pin as long as they are in good shape.

oh yea, replace that fucking cam seal while you are there.
    -Andy

Comment

Fuck lol i minus well just buy that full water pump kit off pelican, i was trying to save some money.

Comment

if you're gonna be doing the timing belt, you don't skip out on the rest. Check out GetBMWparts.com, it's through Tischer BMW here in MD and Ive found that 90% of the time they are cheaper than Pelican.

You can rent the crank pulley tool from Autozone, you pay fifty bux up front and then get most of it back when you return it. I don't know the specific numbers, Yun rented it when we did his TB a few weeks ago.
        stephenbrody.com

Comment

Don't forget the crank seal housing o-ring

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
            Fuck lol i minus well just buy that full water pump kit off pelican, i was trying to save some money.
            You minus well?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
              You minus well?
              aaaaaaaaaand Washington State cracks one out of the park with this find, folks!

This kid doesn't know the phrase is "might as well", great catch by TwoJs!

/philrazuttovoice

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

/philrazuttovoice
                Minus WHALE.

Comment

/philrazuttovoice
                  Mine is TAIL.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

/philrazuttovoice
                    minus fail.
                    Toyota Pickup

Comment

/philrazuttovoice
                      finest fail?

Comment

Working...
                      X