No announcement yet.

M20 Misfire (Please help....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck that... I refuse to spend that time and money only to end up with another high milage engine with only about 20 more hp. Not really appealing to me, now an s5x on the other hand.
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
      Fuck that... I refuse to spend that time and money only to end up with another high milage engine with only about 20 more hp. Not really appealing to me, now an s5x on the other hand.
      yes, the S is better than the M, but we happen to already have a complete M50 waiting on the engine stand.

Comment

Sounds like a dead spot on the afm.
        Check your ignition harness for grounding.
        Do his gauges act funny when his blinkers are on or he turns his lights on?
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
          already swapped the afm from a working M20 and it did nothing.

Comment

What about the other two questions
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic

Comment

Check your ignition harness for grounding.
              Do his gauges act funny when his blinkers are on or he turns his lights on?
              we checked the engine grounds, one on top and one below, what ground are you referring to on the ignition harness?

Gauges don't act funny as far as i know.

Didn't see these other 2 questions, looks like you added them in after i replied to the first one.

Comment

The fuel injection harness (sorry). Also, what about Fuel pump relays? I am trying to wrap my head around you buddy's problem.... so when he is driving it just "bucks" a bit, is it at wot, or is it just cruising? Does it happen all over the rpm range, or only at certian rpms (say 3500 and it bucks then catches up).
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic

Comment

The fuel injection harness (sorry). Also, what about Fuel pump relays? I am trying to wrap my head around you buddy's problem.... so when he is driving it just "bucks" a bit, is it at wot, or is it just cruising? Does it happen all over the rpm range, or only at certian rpms (say 3500 and it bucks then catches up).
                  where is the ground on the fuel inj harness?

didn't mess with fuel pump relays, it doesn't seem like it is a fuel pump problem... but it could be.... where are the relays?

It doesn't buck at all. What happens is that above a certain throttle load it has a steady miss on one of the cylinders, as in it loses power and makes the "B-d-d-d-d-d-d" sound if you know what i mean.

Comment

After reading the other thread (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=123558)
                    I have a suggestion. No matter how wierd it may seem, have you replaced the coolant temp sensor? I have a friend that was having issues kind of like this, it would run well, then every once in a while it would miss. It started getting worse and worse until he was able to chase the problem down to the coolant temp sensor. This problem would leave him stranded, bog his motor, give him starting issues, it was weird.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      where is the ground on the fuel inj harness?

didn't mess with fuel pump relays, it doesn't seem like it is a fuel pump problem... but it could be.... where are the relays?

It doesn't buck at all. What happens is that above a certain throttle load it has a steady miss on one of the cylinders, as in it loses power and makes the "B-d-d-d-d-d-d" sound if you know what i mean.
                      There are no grounds persay, but if there is cracking in the wiring , an injector will fire funny or the harness will ground against the engine.
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic

Comment

hmm... we will definitely check this. And the coolant temp sensor thing is interesting. If they are not expensive it won't hurt to replace it.

Comment

After reading the other thread (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=123558)
                          I have a suggestion. No matter how wierd it may seem, have you replaced the coolant temp sensor? I have a friend that was having issues kind of like this, it would run well, then every once in a while it would miss. It started getting worse and worse until he was able to chase the problem down to the coolant temp sensor. This problem would leave him stranded, bog his motor, give him starting issues, it was weird.
                          dude, this describes my misfire issues to a "T", i just got my temp sensor in the mail, along with fuel pump relay and cps. i hope it fixes my issue & i can drive to work tonight instead of riding the fixie! iirc the temp sensor affects timing & mixture and so could cause the aforementioned issues.
                          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                            dude, this describes my misfire issues to a "T", i just got my temp sensor in the mail, along with fuel pump relay and cps. i hope it fixes my issue & i can drive to work tonight instead of riding the fixie! iirc the temp sensor affects timing & mixture and so could cause the aforementioned issues.
                            once you install the parts, please update the thread! i want to see if this works for you.

Comment

i'm gonna do the temp sensor this afternoon and probably cps tomorrow, i"ll keep you posted.
                              Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                              You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

I recently replaced my coolant and water temp sensors, no dice. I will order a fuel pump relay and take it from there.
                                Originally posted by ebelements
                                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Working...
                                X