cruising issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cruising issue

havent looked through all the threads yet to see if my problem has been answered so if anybody can help me out i'd appreciate cutting down on the hunt. well i got my girl an 88 325i vert. everything seems great and we already replaced some belt and pulleys but there is this one problem. its not a regular thing it just kinda happens at random. when im cruising in 3rd or 4th gear at about 2k rmp the car will act like it just turned off and starts slowing down. you cant rev and bring it back all i do is down shift and then it comes back to life somehow. like i said its not as big a deal since its not all the time and if it ever does it its one time on that day one time on someother day. im hoping something really bad isnt going on in there and it does kind catch you off guard. plus its my girls ride and i dont want her out there on the road stranded or broke down. hope its just something simple and you guys can send me some advice. i appreciate anyones help. thanks - phil.:roll:
    sigpic

Check your grounds. If you hit a bump and they are loose, it can cause this type of running issue. It will get worse as they loosen up.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

thanks i've reasearched a bit and found a number of things it could be. for one guy, it ended up being a fuel sensor line under the seat corroded. could be the ecu, or a throttle sensor under the intake manafold. oddly enough since i posted this thread it hasnt happened since but im not going to hold my breath. thanks for the advice.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X