Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a super quick rough idle/temp sendor question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a super quick rough idle/temp sendor question...

**Major typo in the title, I know. I'm at school and failboating while my car failboats.**

If the temp sender sensor (brown clip, one prong, two wire plug on passenger side of thermostat cover) is disconnected, is it possible for it to have a rough idle, or is this specific sensor not connected with that type of problem.

My new-to-me car is about to self destruct and that is the only thing I've messed with.

Background of the past two weeks: PO said car was hesitating at about 4-5rpm, probably a fuel filter. I didn't notice the hesitation the first day or so but I was probably being easy on it. Replaced the fuel filter about 2 days later and within about a day, started noticing the hesitation. Fast forward to nothing super out of the ordinary, a week later I started experience a different sounding exhaust tone, along with a misfire on what I believe is cylinder 4 (third from rear). I have been busy with work and out of town, so my dad drove it home and checked some stuff, said the plugs were getting spark, so maybe it was a injector. Now I drove it to work today with the misfire, and after work on the way to school it was just idling sooooo bad and misfire was worse than normal.

I will update more as I think of it, but I'm at school right now...
    Last edited by trig; 09-15-2009, 03:22 PM.

Ok, extra things I've just noticed. I have a 173 ECU so did the stomp on the gas pedal 5 times trick, and I'm getting a 1221 (O2 sensor) on a car that pass inspection two weeks ago.

Also, the drivers side floor is damp. FML.

Also, when running the codes with the key in accessory position, the tacometer is waving at me with the car off. Where the hell is it getting a signal like that from?

Comment

Ok, whipped out the brake cleaner and started soaking the engine bay with it, and found a couple possible causes, but just these small things kind of sound too small to cause all this trouble.

Anyone notice anything wrong? (Also, can someone please point me to the AFM. I'm not 100% of what it is, but I have an idea.)

Ok, whipped out the brake cleaner and started soaking the engine bay with it, and found a couple possible causes, but just these small things kind of sound too small to cause all this trouble.

Anyone notice anything wrong? (Also, can someone please point me to the AFM. I'm not 100% of what it is, but I have an idea.)

Gonna stop by the machine shop tomorrow and see about replacing every rubber doo-dad on the engine.

Anyone have a parts list for all the hoses I'll need?

Comment

Well for those of you not on e30tech, I found the real cause of my misfire...

Pulled the head this afternoon. Looking for a set of ETA rockers (wink-wink someone) and will be buying a new cam from Ireland Engineering most likely.

Comment

buy a stock cam

-
          Project
          Parts for Sale
          Feedback
          YouTube Channel

Comment

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback