m20 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 question

i wanna storke my motor and i have a m20b27 if i bought this kit http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...unt2=397056221 and bought a m20b25 head and wireing harness and ecu would it work or would there still a whole bunch of little shit im missing. i really dont want to buy a motor just for the block and head.

its the 3.1 liter stroker kit sorry the link doesnt work fully

Comment

it might work. but if your going to do it go balls to the wall. get oversized valves, cam, P&P, you'll want new headers, larger intake mani, basicly everything they mention to make it better.
      Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
      every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
      Originally posted by Jparkr
      The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
      87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Hello, first post. But i am interested in putting a stroker kit on my 87 325, i know ill need the harness and ecu swap, but "it might work" is kinda a very unreliable answer to this question. So maybe i can thread jack dentwarde30, and pose this question.

I have a 87 325e DME 1.0 M20B27, and i want to start upgrading it with either strokers or just some 325i parts im not sure exactly which direction i should go, can someone help me to turn my torquey lil 121hp engine into something with a lil more "umph"

And when i ask can someone help me i jus mean point me in the right direction :)

P.S. i tried searching but i cant ever find anyone thats starting with a pre-september 87 DME 1.0 325e 2.7l M20B27 for their project.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroAnimated View Post
          Hello, first post. But i am interested in putting a stroker kit on my 87 325, i know ill need the harness and ecu swap, but "it might work" is kinda a very unreliable answer to this question. So maybe i can thread jack dentwarde30, and pose this question.

I have a 87 325e DME 1.0 M20B27, and i want to start upgrading it with either strokers or just some 325i parts im not sure exactly which direction i should go, can someone help me to turn my torquey lil 121hp engine into something with a lil more "umph"

And when i ask can someone help me i jus mean point me in the right direction :)

P.S. i tried searching but i cant ever find anyone thats starting with a pre-september 87 DME 1.0 325e 2.7l M20B27 for their project.
          you can bolt on the i(b25) head to the b27 block. you will need the harness, and ecu. you can run the intake andeverything else from the e(b27) but i believe the i(b25) parts give you a bit more power. you can also get a markD chip. this is the basic "stroker." any premade kit will work, like the IE kit, but you will need to bore the block and rebuild the whole motor.

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
          every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
          Originally posted by Jparkr
          The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
          87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Working...
          X