85 325 e to 88 i tach wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 325 e to 88 i tach wire?

i crashed my 88 325i and swapping it into a clean 85 eta shell, motors out, did some research,got diagrams but cant find a def. anwser on tach wire,do i need to run one? it doesnt run through c101?im gonna splice my i harness to e body tommorow and any tips/advice from somebody whos done it or knows would be greatly appreciated,also does anybody know if theres a diff in 86 c101 to 88 c101 i cant find any info
    Last edited by j0nny5; 11-11-2009, 08:07 AM. Reason: more info

The tach wire for the body is in a white 3-pin connector. The biggest gauge wire there is for the tach. On the late model i cars the tach is in the c101. If it was daylight I'd go out and get my pinouts but you can find them easy enough on Google.

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
    sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

u talkin bout the connector behind the cluster? think the wiring chart i got is too early becuz the tach doent run thru c101,thanks alot,i will search more, i have and am using a later i tach also

Comment

your tach wire for the em is by the ecu, in glove box, it will have like a heat shrink shield over the wire, same type of wire in your 88 engine harness at the C101

fuel rate wire is right next to it in C101 might as well run that too to make econometer work

If you PM me I can give you all wire colors tomorrow, I just got done with the same swap
        -Andy

Comment

it's the black wire out of the 3 in the c103 or c104 plug above the glovebox area in the dash. mpg is the white/yellow iirc.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

nice thanx for the help n bump!,lol,c101,88? diff than 86, cuz i have a chart of 86,c104 green is power,black is tach and the others for econ gauge/ cluster, and the starter wires?later uses 3?,i searched my arse off...im bout to go start splicing,thanx

Comment

Working...
            X