M20B25? How to get more power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B25? How to get more power?

I want to push as much power as I can from my M20B25 but I do not want it turbo charged or supercharged.

I want to leave it N/A.

What would you guys do to the M20B25 to get more power out of it?

Chip & Tune?

Step 1. Chip and new injectors

Step 2. Camshaft

Step 3. Flowed head with bigger valves

Step 4. Stoker bottom end (will need new software by now)

Bring your wallet.

2nd option, swap to 3.5l of the same era, or 2.8l from e36 or e34

Comment

yup, a mark D chip would help some would say that 19lb injectors will help, I honestly didn't notice it though even with the tall cam in my engine, a performance exhaust i.e. some proper longtube headers would help, there is a thread devoted to ebay headers for the m20 which although being made from inferior materials do deliver more power longevity may be suspect though. the new miller W.A.R. chip and MAF would be nice, the MAF won't get you a whole lot of power but you will get better throttle response, not many people have the WAR chip so not much testimonial on that. A high compression built stroker with extensive head work and custom pistons would put out but might just wind up costing more than a s5x swap and wouldn't have the reliablity of a twin cam

in short you can spend a fuck of alot of money and not get a whole lot get newer engine i.e s52 etc and call it a day

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
        A high compression built stroker with extensive head work and custom pistons would put out but might just wind up costing more than a s5x swap and wouldn't have the reliablity of a twin cam

in short you can spend a fuck of alot of money and not get a whole lot get newer engine i.e s52 etc and call it a day

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

Only replace 'just might' with 'will absolutely'

Comment

A chip and a 4.10 diff are great bang for your buck, if you still want more then 24v is the way to go..

Comment

cheers guys.

For now I think ill go with the bigger injectors, extractors, WAR Chip and tune.

Also... I know some people get POD air filters installed in there E30s.. but really is it worth the POD filter? or just use the stock airbox and install a K&N filter?

Comment

use stock with good filter. only use pod filter if you have a good heat shield for it, and even then its not gonna do much of anything on a basically stock m20.

Comment

How about this: Get someone in Amurrica to ship you a set of ETA pistons and crankshaft, so you can bump to 2.7L, then drop the head/cam from a M20B23, add a set of 19lb injectors and a WAR chip...see what you get then.

That head is supposed to flow pretty well and give decent compression with that head...which is not common here, BTW.

Cheers, M8T!

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Miller is out of the W.A.R. Chip for up to two weeks.
                  sigpic
                  Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Working...
                  X