gotta head job, slight shudder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotta head job, slight shudder

Was driving the other night and my temp began climbing, pulled over to check the coolant, I opened the res cap and the car started dumping out what looked like milkshake. Any who, my mechanic took the engine apart, the gasket seemed fine but got changed anyway.The head was sent out to get a compression test and a valve job. I also got new hoses, thermostat, radiator, and the thing the distributer rotor goes on to (cant remember what its called).

The car runs like a champ but when I stop at a stop light, after a second it develops a shake, I can feel the whole engine shaking but once I drive it goes away. I tried searching and found a post by George Graves talking about engine misfire but nothing solid.

Any help is appriciated guys, I just spent 1300 bucks and I cant stand this. I plan on taking it back to the mechanic but wanted to get as much info about it as I can, I cant afford another penny atm.
    harry/harout

If you got a head job that was done correctly, you should be getting a very large shudder. It is normal.
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Idle control valve installed backwards?

Comment

idle doesn't move though

BTW the guy did mention I had a slight leak in the throttle body attachment which he siliconed
        harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Idle control valve installed backwards?
          That was my first guess now I'm dying to read what everyone else's input is.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
            If you got a head job that was done correctly, you should be getting a very large shudder. It is normal.
            can you elaborate?
            harry/harout

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he means is that since it's running strong again, it's causing the engine to shudder more at idle because the compression is higher. For some reason the speed the engine spins at idle makes you feel the engine at its most unbalanced state. Similar to how when you drive at speeds around 55 and 60mph, you can feel the wheels at their most unbalanced state. That's just my guess lol

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
              Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                can you elaborate?
                I believe he is referring to a busted nut after a properly performed head job.
                1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
                1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
                1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

EDIT: ^^^Yes! hahaha

Maybe I'm the only perverted one here?
                  RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                  Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                  DaveCN = Old Man
                  My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

hahaha noice! I'm feeling pretty slow right about now! :drink:

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                    2002 325i - DD
                    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

It sounds to me like there may be a small intake leak.
                      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

vacuum leak? i forgot my v/c gasket, (duh) and it ran the same way, for the whole 2 minutes.. lol.
                        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                        1994 540i - Granitsilber

I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

vacuum leak or bad idle would be my first guesses

Comment

ha ha Peavey, thought you were serious for a second. Thanks for the input guys, checking said things now
                            harry/harout

Comment

Out of curiousity, did you ever find what was causing the shudder?
                              Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                              Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Working...
                              X