cut out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cut out

okay my car is cutting out like its hitting the rev limiter at 5500 6000 rpm?
    Ive replaced
    cap rotor
    plugs
    plug wires
    efi temp sensor
    Maf with known good one
    fuel filter
    02 sensor
    Could it be the Cps or Tps car starts and idles great and pulls well till 5500 6000rpm
    any things to check or test LMK!

which E30 model do you have?
    1991 E30 M3 Brilliant/black - S54B32/5M
    1990 E30 318iT RHD Lagunagrun/tan - S52B32Turbo/5M
    2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M
    1991 E31 850i red/grey/6M
    1997 F355 spider red/tan/6M

Comment

1990 325is

Comment

It sounds like a fuel pressure issue. Check for fuel leaks and consider replacing the fuel pressure regulator. They aren't cheap but if I were throwing parts at it, that would be next in line.

Comment

Sam: vaccum leak
          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

I'm having this same issue on my 88 325is. It wasnt the CPS. I replaced everything you did, so I'm going after the throttle position sensor. I'm about 95% certain it's not a fuel pressure issue. My car doesnt do it unless the pedal is completely on the floor, so if i were you i'd go out and test that.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

One clue as to the cause will be what the tach and econometer does when the cut out occurs. If the tach takes a big drop, the CPS, DME, and engine harness become the prime suspects. If you see the econometer drive towards zero, a fuel system or injector problem becomes the prime suspects.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

the tack bucks down to like 4500ish I think im going to get my friend who works at motorsportconnections to give it a smoke test. another thing i noticed was there was a little bit of liquid comming out of the coil around the top it was just a little bit and i only noticed it because i had running trouble a few months ago because the cap to the coil was of and the spark was arcing on the inner fender. So i was checking that while it was running and noticed a little bit of liquid

Comment

Working...
                X