fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pump

Is it supposed to be silent or pretty quiet? I can hear the one for my 89 M20 when I have the back seat off, sounds noisier than what I think it should be at.
    sigpic

The pump, if in good condition, should be barely audible. If you can hear it with the engine running the pump is worn, the fuel filter is clogged, return line obstructed, or the FPR is bad.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

How about a noise coming from the bottom of the drivers side rear passenger? Is that the 2nd fuel pump?
      sigpic

1986 325e

My other ride...The Titan of trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        The pump, if in good condition, should be barely audible. If you can hear it with the engine running the pump is worn, the fuel filter is clogged, return line obstructed, or the FPR is bad.
        +1. I can barely hear mine if I'm down by the external pump. It is on the driver's side in front of the rear wheel if you have an early model car.
        1997 540i/6 - stock
        1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
        1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Working...
        X