My emissions failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My emissions failure

My car failed for emissions today in NJ when I took it. My belief is that it's something fuel related as my car's idle likes to fluctuate and then sometimes cut out when it reaches operating temperature. Hopefully someone with some more insight can enlighten me, as I'm thinking about slipping someone a hundred bucks to pass it at this point.

Here's the readings:

Mode: IDLE - FAIL

GAS----------------READING--------STANDARD
    HC ppm--------------267---------------220
    CO%-----------------1.73--------------1.20
    CO2%----------------14.0
    O2%------------------0.0

Mode: HIGH IDLE - FAIL

GAS----------------READING---------STANDARD
    HC ppm--------------911----------------220
    CO%-----------------0.86---------------1.20
    CO2%----------------13.9
    O2%------------------0.9

WOw be glad your not in Caliy.. The cops in Berkinstock would have cuffed you right there and Crushed your car in front of you then sent it to Florida to be sank off the coast to help rebuild the coral reefs so So tourists can go dive there instead of spending there money in Caliy so the bitches in berkinstocks don't have to dodge them on the pch Hwy or the 5 while driving there toyota prius to yoga!

Bitches!
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

^ hahahahahahahaha

Comment

enlightening but not necessarily helpful, just sayin :)

Comment

The fluctuating idle indicates vacuum leaks. Jlevie will be along shortly to recommend you get a smoke test to find these leaks.

Disclaimer: I'm a non-expert, but a California resident...so almost qualified to give an answer as I fight with this every now and then.
          Vac leaks can cause a lean running situation. These cars seem to have vac leaks like there's no tomorrow. Given that you're HC numbers shot up so much off idle, it sounds like that's what your problem is.

I'm assuming you did the oil change and tune up bit already. When in doubt, cutting your gas with denatured alcohol is a risky endeavor that I (may have/allegedly) witnessed as a results producer for a dead cat.
          sigpic

Comment

hmm yeah replaced the plugs today, the idle leak has been apparent for awhile and though I've gone through it a couple times now trying to figure out where it's been coming from I've failed repeatedly.

Comment

Working...
            X