Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What head gasket set to use on an M20 stroker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What head gasket set to use on an M20 stroker?

I've got a Euro 2.7 stroker with an "i" head onto an 85 eta block. I am currently replacing all the gaskets, bolts, and what not and I was just wondering do I get a head gasket set for an ''i" or an "e"? Thanks.

325i

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Get the i set. Try to find Goteze brand.
      Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah definitely getting the set. Thanks for the brand recommendation. 8)

Comment

GUess what? I bought my block, crank, rods, and pistons already :) I'm right behind you man... I pickup the block this weekend or next, and have an appointment to drop it at Forza's to hot tank it and bore it out. You have an engine stand I can build it on?

Comment

No shit? For how much? What kind of pistons? Sweet deal man! I wasn't too sure about selling my super eta block anyways.....kinda wanted to make a nice stroker out of that one too. The proper way. How much is Forza's going to charge? Where are they located? I might get that done myself. Sorry don't have an engine stand....but I can get you on base if you need to. Don't worry....I don't have to sit there and babysit you. I can just get you through the gate. I need to work on my engine anyways. Doing all the gaskets and cleaning it up. Let me know when you plan on doing this. 2 strokers for Vegas ownage. :twisted:

Comment

Got the block, crank and stock pistons for 75bux. I pick it up next weekend. I'll be purchasing IE or Ross pistons for it. Forza's is charging 45 to hot tank it and 125 to bore it out. $170 total. Not bad man...

Comment

Originally posted by ultima
                I've got a Euro 2.7 stroker with an "i" head onto an 85 eta block. I am currently replacing all the gaskets, bolts, and what not and I was just wondering do I get a head gasket set for an ''i" or an "e"? Thanks.
                Is this the 11:1 euro eta bottom end? Any pics? I believe my 85 grey market car has this same bottom end - I was curious on whether or not to use this instead of my super eta bottom end...

Comment

if the production date was pre 5/85 then it may have the 11:1's, but my understanding was they were only on the 525e models.
                  85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                    if the production date was pre 5/85 then it may have the 11:1's, but my understanding was they were only on the 525e models.
                    Really? I was told it was any UK eta pre 5/85...

Comment

it may be any pre 5/85, have you pulled the cylinder head yet? They look just like 323i pistons if you have ever seen those just larger bore.

Comment

it may be any pre 5/85, have you pulled the cylinder head yet? They look just like 323i pistons if you have ever seen those just larger bore.
                        aHA - someone that can describe them!

I have the head off, the block is just sitting on my garage floor - if I take a pic of the pistons, could you tell me if they're the ones?

Comment

yep

Comment

They look like this

Comment

They look like this

k, now for clarification, how about a picture of standard e pistons? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X