Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were you the one that wrecked it?
    what all went wrong to wreck?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
      were you the one that wrecked it?
      what all went wrong to wreck?
      No, my brother. Not a serious wreck, just some bent panels that were replaced, and another motor swapped in.

Comment

id like to know a bit more about it just out of curiosity

anyone else realize that bentley doesnt mention the tranny at all in their engine removal procedure what do i do disconnect it from the drive shaft at the guibo or what? thanks
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

seriously how do i get the tranny loose from the driveshaft?

Comment

6 bolts/nuts, all 17mm, use two fairly long wrenches, seems to work best.

Comment

thats all that holds the tranny to the shaft right

Comment

i was wondering if the engine would over heat if i took out the fan and just left the aux fan?

also what should i cover up while cleaning the engine bay just the electrical stuff right

oh yeah i got the old one out already

Comment

Are you doing this by yourself without a Bently? If you are, then you need to get one. The Bently will be your best friend. Any book store like Barnes and Nobles or Borders can get one in by the next day you ask them to.
                  - 318is 4 life

Comment

if i didnt have a bentley how would i have said this
                    anyone else realize that bentley doesnt mention the tranny at all in their engine removal procedure what do i do disconnect it from the drive shaft at the guibo or what? thanks
                    that in no way answered my questions thank you for wasting time

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19013
                      This is the motor that your father agreed to sell to me for $3100 shipped.
                      I was told he could no longer sell it to me because it was damaged.
                      WTF?

Comment

my grandfather may have pulled the old friend card

Comment

That's just wrong, we basically hand shook over the phone and I was just
                          about to send payment, he calls me back a day or two later and says,

" I have bad news, as we were crating up the motor we found some damage to the front of the motor, being a respectable member of the
                          bmw community and you being a friend of Don(Mr M Car), I wouldn't
                          feel right selling a damaged motor to you, sorry. "

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
                            That's just wrong, we basically hand shook over the phone and I was just
                            about to send payment, he calls me back a day or two later and says,

" I have bad news, as we were crating up the motor we found some damage to the front of the motor, being a respectable member of the
                            bmw community and you being a friend of Don(Mr M Car), I wouldn't
                            feel right selling a damaged motor to you, sorry. "
                            Sometimes shit happens
                            Gunni
                            @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

they may have been refering to the distributor and timing belt cover which apparently were damaged

anyway back to my questions
                              should i just cover all the electrical connections and just blast the dirt away.

would the engine overheat terribly without the fan.

what tools will i need to do the clutch?

Comment

at least answer the clutch question please

Comment

Working...
                                X