Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using a 2.7 eta ecu with an eta harness on a m20b25...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using a 2.7 eta ecu with an eta harness on a m20b25...

even though i picked up my stock '173' 2.5 ecu today.. guy at the recycler threw me such a story .. it made some sense
    ..says if i use my same 2.7 harness and stock 2.7 but connected to the 2.5 motor i shouldn't have a problem .
    .. i know this, other than the obvious differences (head/cam/displacement/bore/cr/intake/exhaust/tb/flywheel) the only other major difference is the crank sensor position: tranny on the eta VS on the dampener on the 2.5..
    what had me going crazy is that he says don't truct a harness on a motor that came from a salvage yard and 1 pinched wire can cause u a great headache and i should go with a harness that is known good.
    --actually, what gave me ALL the doubt about his theory was when he sweared that the motors were only 2.3 or 2.5..-- jeez..
    -- so my question is... can this be made to work ?
    --Hayden--
    '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
    '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
    '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
    www.G2IC.com

IIRC, you need the eta harness, but the i ecu. I think that's what we did on Josh's car when we did the swap.

Comment

WON'T WORK.....
      I ecu=3 row of pins
      Eta ecu=2 row of pins
      You can't plug a I ecu into an eta ecu

Without an eta tranny, an eta ecu won't run the engine, with the I type sensors.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Also... the eta ecu will have a revlimiter at 4.5k instead of 6.5k on the i ecu

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Maybe an ECE spec 320i harness and ecu will work they exist in 2 row AND 3 row ecu's

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
          1997 E36 328iT
          1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
          1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X