miller PSIK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miller PSIK

just installed a few days ago. running it with the war chip on the stock m20 set up and i am totally floored with the difference!! i cant wait to get my new block and VAC stage 3 head on and tuned in. bravo miller on an astonishing product.
    alcoholics do it till you barf

Ordered the Miller MAF, 272 cam re grind, eccentrics, and heavy duty rockers. Looking forward to seeing the difference on top of my I chip, I manifold and new throttle body.

Comment

where did you get heavy duty rockers?

Comment

Installed the Miller PSIK in a stock m20b25 on a 12/1986 325iC. Very nice upgrade and just what I was looking for. Much crisper throttle response and its top end feels strong. Pulls hard all the way up. Below are a couple pictures from my cell phone cam. Thanks go to Brody and the guys up in BC.

Temp Sensor wire and the K&N filter:

Custom Metal work to fit around my Zender:
        I am thinking about relocating the temp sensor to inside the housing to monitor intake air temperature.

Included TCM mounted in the center console:

sigpic
        "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

I'm getting ready to purchase this kit along with the WAR chip from Miller, but I wanted to know if any of you guys have had problems with the cold air setup in the rain aka sucking up water... I can't really tell from the pics how close to the ground the filter is and what is protecting it from water, debris, etc...
          Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

really ppl...a $600 intake. wont you get similar results if u do the miller MAF and war chip at once. i mean if u plan to stay NA then i guess its worth it but its A LOT for an intake kit. yes i know it comes with a chip but thats it. if u get cams and other mods wont u want a chip do do your own tuning for complimentary mods?
            m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
            build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
              really ppl...a $600 intake. wont you get similar results if u do the miller MAF and war chip at once. i mean if u plan to stay NA then i guess its worth it but its A LOT for an intake kit. yes i know it comes with a chip but thats it. if u get cams and other mods wont u want a chip do do your own tuning for complimentary mods?

You kinda get a small thing called a built in MAF as well .... but who needs that.
              Last edited by SkiFree; 10-14-2011, 12:40 PM.
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                You kinda get a small thing called a built in MAF as well .... but who needs that.
                Lol..im not hatin on u guys but u cant use the maf for say a turbo set up down the road.thats all im just wondering if u can get the same results from a maf and war chip..

Comment

Lol..im not hatin on u guys but u cant use the maf for say a turbo set up down the road.thats all im just wondering if u can get the same results from a maf and war chip..
                  dammit, good point.
                  ... and the dilemma continues.......
                  Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Ostrich 2.0: $175
                    Volvo 3" MAF: $35

Total: $205

OR

Miller MAF and WAR chip: $664

Hmm....

Sure you can. 3" is plenty big for a moderate turbo. Hell, some people still use the AFM.
                    -Alex

Comment

Can the Ostrich 2.0 be used with out the maf conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                        OR

Hmm....
                        Sure you can. 3" is plenty big for a moderate turbo. Hell, some people still use the AFM.
                        ^Really?..you would hack up the miller intake kit and fab it up to an intercooler!? that would be even more of a waste of money. not saying the PSIK is a waste of money, cause ive been in a car with one and my m20 is sleeping compared to it.lol but chopping up the design for a turbo, I just cant justify it. I would love to get this intake. It sounds siiick and it works. period. its just that im turboing next summer

Im hoping that once I get the MAF on there it will waken up the motor in a similar way..then i can get the war chip and start understanding
                        this is pretty convincing tho: http://www.millerperformancecars.com...III%202.5L.pdf

BBUUUUT...what is ostrich 2.0?? sounds like some kinda software to run a different intake!? that sounds tight but will it give u 20/20?

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                          OR
                          Hmm....
                          Oh and with the WAR dont u get 2 step. and then u can hold 4 CUSTOM tunes, miller customer support, and a community full of miller tunes. The war chip is just a better deal with the MAF and gives the user endless possibilities with their car. I would love to save money but i think id still go with the MILLER WAR chip and 3 or 3.5 MAF

*note: im saying this without knowing the power results or much of anything about the ostrich 2.0 and volvo maf. its also my guess that youd have to splice for the maf of a volvo to adapt to the beemer. i dont like splicing wires that send important information like that.
                          so someone please educate me on this ostrich/volvo set up and i may be considering something different. maybe

Comment

Please don't try and compare apples with oranges. My PSIK in on an m20 with less than 100K on her. In about another 150K I will be ready to upgrade to a turbo setup. For now and until my kids graduate college :) the Miller makes sense. For about $900 (PSIK, miller chip, tcm and K&N) I have what drives like a better than new e30. It took about a Saturday morning to install. Who of you has installed his turbo setup in that amount of time? None because its vastly more complicated! Miller is what it is. Bolt on power and throttle response. And beside at WOT that PSIK makes an awesome sound! No tubo lag, no turbo wine.......
                            IMO, if I were going to trubo, do an S50/S52 and take here down for the winter and do it right.
                            sigpic
                            "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

Nice bit of kit. But very expensive imo.
                              What's the advantages of having just a Maf and w.a.r chip. You still get that crisp throttle response and nice induction noise that we all love with the psik.

Comment

Working...
                              X