problem i cant find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem i cant find...

I have an 88 325i. My car will run fine until it gets warmed up and then check engine light comes on and it starts to sputter bad and then it will die sometimes. The code is for a o2 sensor. Is this symptoms of a bad o2 sensor? Let me know please.

Thanks.

Ashton
    Last edited by ashton; 05-28-2011, 01:30 PM.

Pull the plug for the o2 sensor and see if that does anything

Comment

Originally posted by matt0300 View Post
      Pull the plug for the o2 sensor and see if that does anything
      I pulled the o2 sensor out and it had carbon built up on it bad, so I cleaned it as much as I could put it back in and it made a difference. So im just gonna order a new one.

Comment

You can buy and splice in an o2 sensor from a 90 Ford Mustang 5.0. Its about 30-40 bucks as opposed to 130.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancynic View Post
          You can buy and splice in an o2 sensor from a 90 Ford Mustang 5.0. Its about 30-40 bucks as opposed to 130.
          will the ford sensor work for an 86 eta also?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
            will the ford sensor work for an 86 eta also?
            Yes. Thats what I did in my 86 eta when I replaced the cat. It has been working just great.

use the stock connector from the old sensor. Cut the connector off of the mustang sensor. splice the black wire together and the white wires together. It doesn't matter where the white wires go because they are for the pre-heater circuit.

Comment

Working...
            X