Fuel leak... from throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leak... from throttle body

So I just finished a head gasket job. I went to start the car and I hear a click, like the starter was fried. So I took off my intake to look at how I hooked the starter up, and I smell fuel. I find it dripping out of the throttle body. I'm new to euros and e30s but I get the feeling this isn't normal. Any one know why this is.

Also on a sided note. Can anyone explain how to hook my starter up

Btw it is an 84 325e

Comment

Originally posted by Jinaman View Post
      Btw it is an 84 325e

If it isnt just excessive PCV vapors that have condensed to a liquid, then it may be (and this has happened many times before on other peoples cars) a bad fuel pressure regulator where fuel gets sucked into the intake manifold. Pull teh vac. line off the manifold that goes to the FPR and see if fuel spills out. If so, replace the FPR.

Comment

This engine has a cold start valve, which if misbehaving can drop excess fuel in the intake.

The click from the starter could mean, a dead battery, a bad primary power or ground connection, or a bad starter.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

So i dont think its he fpr because i guess the vacuum line wasn't even hooked up :p. Is there a way to check the CSV?
          Thanks fr the help guys

Comment

The cold start valve should close shortly after starting the engine. So get the engine started and allow it to start to warm up. Then shutdown and pull the cold start valev. jumper the fuel pump relay and see if the valve sprays fuel when the ignition is on.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X