E30 wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 wont start.

My 88 325i was running rough, like it would die goin down the road, and it would lose throttle, then yesterday I drove it down the road 2 times and it still ran rough, but then last night I went to start it to leave and it would start. It would try to start but it wouldn't ignite. I think its cps. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Ashton

Not enough info. Could be a plethora of problems. Use a multimeter to test the CPS... good place to start.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

The first check would be to see if there is spark from the coil when cranking over the engine. If there is the DME is running and the CPS is providing timing data. Then tee in a pressure gage to the inlet of the fuel rail and see what the pressure is when cranking the engine.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        The first check would be to see if there is spark from the coil when cranking over the engine. If there is the DME is running and the CPS is providing timing data. Then tee in a pressure gage to the inlet of the fuel rail and see what the pressure is when cranking the engine.
        I've replaced the coil, spark plugs, spark plug wires, head gasket, rotor button, fuel pump, fuel filter, head bolts, afm, coolant temp sensor, and more.

Comment

Are you getting spark? Fuel?
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
          X