bigger injector thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    that is true but you'd have to go way, way bigger than 19# for it to affect anything with tstock ECU. the dead time of a 19# injector is around 1.2ms, but the idle PW at stoich is going to be about 5ms. you won't run into problems until you get down to around 1.5-1.7ms at idle. even a 42# injector won't have too small of a PW at idle to control properly (I'm NOT saying you can use 42# on motronic!).

however if the dead time of your new injectors is different than the stock ones (likely), it will affect the linear relationship between commanded injector PW and expected fuel delivery rate. (the computer expects it to be linear, but with a different dead time, it will not be).
    that's fair enough. I concur.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I put 14lb 4-pintle rebuilt injectors in to replace the PO's 19lb ones, and switched from Mark D software back to stock. This allowed me to pass smog, and did not materially affect performance.
      "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

My experience with larger injectors is as follows. I swapped 19lb Bosch design III injectors into a bone stock B25, I also installed a WB 02 to monitor AFRs. Car ran a bit rich at first but Motronic was able to trim back the fuel and the car ran normally with normal AFRs. After that I installed an M30 AFM and deleted the stock air box. As I first started driving the AFRs were a bit leaner than usual (increased air flow) but the Motronic readjusted and everything was normal. Then I installed a MarkD chip for 19lb injectors and 91 octane, car felt stronger, AFRs still normal. Car was emission tested this year and passed with good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post

mine will r3v to 8,500.. but just once.
          Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

So I am purchasing 17.5lb m50 injectors for my car... and then I am going to install an eBay chip. Yeah Im ready for your flaming. But I cant afford a $200 chip, sorry.

I know my car will run a little stronger, maybe 8-10 horses. I am rebuilding the m50 injectors and cleaning them the best I can. My Mom does have an ultrasonic cleaner, might try that...

Anyways, can somebody give a link on how to install and use a wideband 02 sensor?

Comment

FYI 19lbs mustangs are are pretty close to the same as what is there they are spec'd at 2 different fuel pressures. 3 and 3.5 bar

Best choice is 99-01 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC V6 as they are bosch EV6 four hole but designed to be aimed at a single valve face so it reduces wall wetting. That makes the biggest difference on cold start and at idle. They are rated at 22lbs at 3.5 bar ford part number is XL2E-A1C
              bring it http://athomasmr23.mybrute.com

Comment

18lbs at 3 bar my bad
                bring it http://athomasmr23.mybrute.com

Comment

Working...
                X