1989 325i ...... Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325i ...... Chip

Hey R3V, I was looking into getting a chip for my 89' 325i. Will there be noticeable performance increase? I was looking on ebay , they have some but there about $30-40. Are they any good?

Thanks

Don't waste your money on an ebay chip.
    Get a Turner, Dinan, or MarkD chip.

Comment

Originally posted by EThirty318i View Post
      Don't waste your money on an ebay chip.
      Get a Turner, Dinan, or MarkD chip.
      +1

Support these guys and get a real chip, not only will you benefit from a guaranteed performance upgrade, but your helping the community.

Dinan chip with DME.

Comment

I have a jim conforti chip. I can't comment on if you can feel a performance boost after install b/c the car had it when I bought it, but I do know it lets you rev to 7k. Careful with those rocker arms though :?

Comment

I have a dinan chip, my friend (DozyProductions) has the JC chip, and when i bought my car it didnt have one.. and yes, a chip is a definite MUST with these cars, livens them up a bit.

I want a MarkD chip, seems to have the best of both worlds.

Comment

Cool, Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by e30slidewayz View Post
              Careful with those rocker arms though :?
              +1 as well as the fine details. If its a 93 octane chip, only run that. I've heard some horror stories.

Comment

Yeah I looked into that, it says use 91 octane or better. I hope it Doesn't F anything up...

Comment

oh yeah, as long as its 91 + octane your fine.
                  If you don't, it will cause premature detonation

Comment

if your going to spend the money get a miller maf conversion. millerperformancecars.com.... best bang for your buck
                    Last edited by richardkeith97; 11-23-2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
                      if your going to spend the money get a miller maf conversion. millerperformance.com.... best bang for your buck

This. My friend got his setup a couple weeks back, and throttle reponse was so much smoother. great upgrade

Comment

Keep an eye on the for sale threads in the forum. Every so often you can pick up a used Jim Conforti or Mark D chip as someone moves on to a Miller setup or engine swap.

I picked up my JC chip used. Not much difference in street driving but a very noticeable boost in mid-range grunt powering out of turns on the track and at autox. I tend to be more conservative in taking advantage of top end gains, seen too many folks break rocker arms.
                        1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
                        1991 318is: raw DD
                        2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Thanks guys, Think ill go with the JC or Dinan, not sure yet!

Comment

Working...
                          X