Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay issues

Ok Guy's

I need the Part Numbers to the three relays that sit on the drivers fender in that little black box. I think they are for the fuel pump, exhaust sensor and not sure about the last one. Two are four prong and one is five prong.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Barry

OK here are the relay P/N
    Main Relay 5 prong 61-36-1-729-004
    Fuel Pump 4 prong 61-36-1-378-238
    02 sensor 4 prong 61-35-1-378-238
    Last edited by barry; 04-02-2012, 08:58 AM.

bump

Comment

Ok I just went through this with my car. I had a intermittent problem with my fuelpump relay not turning on the intank pump. So the car was running on the frame rail pump only. I try'd another relay from napa, It worked fine for awhile but the problem came back. I finally looked under the clip where the wires come up into the clip and noticed that the wires and female connectors were kinda brown and discolored. I went to the yard and found an e30 with good clean wires and clips. Spliced them in and havent had a problem since. My problem might not be your problem but just trying to save you the time and waste of money 2 fuel pumps and bmw relay prices. the clips were seriously 3 dollars and they still had the relays in them double score. But if it is your relay Napa or any part store should be able to cross reference them and there a lot less money. they can match them up via the post side of the relay. theres a pattern of numbers. I know I technically didn't answer your question but just put it out there..

Comment

Hey Nu -B
        Thanks for the input.
        My problem has been on going ever since I changed the engine wire harness. The harness was changed because it was cut and spliced at the injector plug area by a mechanic due to corrosion. Any way was never sure the relay's that came with the harness were the right ones although the car ran ok. So the other day pulled up in front of the house and the car just stopped running although it turned over. So I googled the relay's and found out that the two bosch were fine and that the main relay I had was not the right one for the car, but it ran for a while , go figure? So I ordered a new one from Pelican Parts and still waiting for it to be delivered. I also used some CRC cleaner on the contacts and they are really clean, I did not really check all the wire connectors, that I will do today. My motor has 535k miles on it but never burned oil except on a long trip but very little, I have owned this car since new and never opened the motor for any reason so it might be time. So thanks for the eye opener and GL with your car.
        Barry

Comment

535K Sweet Jesus. Thats awesome! Well good luck with everything.

Comment

Ya I spent the day cleaning and inspecting the wires etc. they were dirty and a little loose. also bought main relay from pelican and the inline fuse link for the battery positive wire which was burnt out..
            Barry

Comment

Working...
            X