Broken Oil Pressure Switch wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Oil Pressure Switch wire

I believe I know why my oil light was on now. The wire that goes to the switch located under the oil filter is toast. I was hoping you guys could save me some trouble here by telling me where exactly the wire goes to (my understanding was it would go straight to the instrument cluster).

That wire runs through the engine harness to C101 and then to the dash. You should be able to splice in a new piece and connect that to the switch.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

does it run along wit the crank sensor connector? im having the same trouble.

Just out trying to build some boost !!
      Stroked and blown 328i @ 15psi

Comment

The wire is normally routed through the plastic wire chase that clips to the front of the timing belt cover. That chase also routes the front timing sensor on a M20B27 or the CPS & Cyl ID wires on an M20B25.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i only have two wires coming out of the hard plactic cover ones for the cps and other the oil pressure switch?
          Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          The wire is normally routed through the plastic wire chase that clips to the front of the timing belt cover. That chase also routes the front timing sensor on a M20B27 or the CPS & Cyl ID wires on an M20B25.

Just out trying to build some boost !!
          Stroked and blown 328i @ 15psi

Comment

Working...
          X