My injectors wont fire... Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My injectors wont fire... Help?

Well as fare as I can tell everything but the injectors is working properly. I have run every electrical test for the ECU and everything but the injector control test checked out. Main relay clicks over, ECU has power, every sensor passed it's test.
    I have no idea why they wont work. I checked the continuity of every individual injector and they are all good (had them rebuilt). I checked the continuity of the injector wire harness section that plugs into the injectors and that came out fine as well. I am not sure about the rest of the injector wiring that goes back to the ECU though.
    I even went through my fuel line set up and checked for blockages but the fuel rail is definitely getting fuel.
    I did the injector control test at the ECU where you jump pins, I think it was, 32 and 2 and then ground pin 16 or 17 depending on which set of injectors you are testing (1,3,5 or 2,4,6) and the result is that the injectors should "click." No clicking at all as fare as I can tell. Does the ignition need to be on in a certain position for this test to work?
    By the way this is in my m20 swapped 2002. How ever The engine harness is a original unmolested m20 harness from a '91 325i.
    Maybe there is a wire at the c101 plug that needs to be conected for the injectors to fire? Right now the only two wire that are connected to the chassis harness are the solid green wire and the green/white wire which are both power to the ECU and coil.
    At this point I am stumped.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

You may have fried the injector drivers in the ECU. See if you can borrow someone's spare, just to rule that out?
    cars beep boop

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that. Anyone have a spare ECU I can barrow in the Bay Area?
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Or, get someone with a late-model to come over, have them try your ecu, try their ecu.
        cars beep boop

Comment

The first action at this point should be to check to see if there is spark when cranking. If there is, use a noid light to see firing pulses are present at the injector connectors. If there isn't use the noid light at the DME connector. If you don't have pulses at the injecotor connectors but do at the DME connector the problem is in the harness. If you don't have pulses at the DME connector, but do see system voltage there, the DME is bad.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

^
            Ill do that tomorrow. Guess I need to buy another tool. Ill have my own work shop by the time this damn car is running lol
            I do have spark when firing. I can see it and from my shocking experience yesterday I can feel it as well. Pun intended.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X