Chip and injectors what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip and injectors what to do

So I'm thinking about investing in a chip/new injectors. There are a lot of options and I just want to make sure I get the right one. So it's for a dd early model with a b25 stroker swap. Any input is greatly appreciated

I got 17Ibs injectors with eBay chip 93+Octane adds 24HP forsale 110shipped

To be honest with u, I'm selling it to save gas, sure the extra power is nice
    Revs to 7k with no top limiter but gas prices is killing me. So if not ur concern
    then this a nice option for u.
    sigpic
    E30love

Comment

We dont have 93 in CA, well some stations have it that have race gas but its $$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by $hane View Post
        We dont have 93 in CA, well some stations have it that have race gas but its $$$$$$$
        What he said

Comment

Id just go with some 17lb and whatever chip you feel like buying(ebay, dinan, turner, mark d)

Also remember you may have to yank everything and go back to stock every 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jink0619 View Post
            I got 17Ibs injectors with eBay chip 93+Octane adds 24HP forsale 110shipped

To be honest with u, I'm selling it to save gas, sure the extra power is nice
            Revs to 7k with no top limiter but gas prices is killing me. So if not ur concern then this a nice option for u.
            Isn't it the 17lb injectors + chip supposed to improve your fuel consumption?

Comment

Originally posted by Quinthirty View Post
              Isn't it the 17lb injectors + chip supposed to improve your fuel consumption?
              Because of a better spray pattern there is the potential for that. But since a matching chip has performance as the main goal it is questionable as to whether you'll see that affect.

There is really no reason to go to bigger injectors until work has been done to seriously increase mass flow through the engine. And that means major head work. Exhaust, intake, etc., don't count.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Nope I get terrible fuel economy with injectors+chip, was getting
                16mpg now back to 23 :))
                Last edited by jink0619; 05-26-2012, 02:48 PM.
                sigpic
                E30love

Comment

Hmm well I think I'm going to get a Dinan or a turner chip, they seem to be the most reputable and I'm not trying to get into the war chip stuff quite yet

Comment

checkout Mark D's line also used by quite a few E30 people

My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Thanks, yea I've looked at all 3 of them...anybody with experience with these that would recommend one over the other?

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                        Because of a better spray pattern there is the potential for that. But since a matching chip has performance as the main goal it is questionable as to whether you'll see that affect.

There is really no reason to go to bigger injectors until work has been done to seriously increase mass flow through the engine. And that means major head work. Exhaust, intake, etc., don't count.
                        Just a follow-up to this, is there any recommended replacement injector model close to stock that is 4 pintle then?

Comment

Just a follow-up to this, is there any recommended replacement injector model close to stock that is 4 pintle then?
                          None that I know of.
                          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

The smallest Bosch design III Injectors I have seen are whiteish 17lb ones from a 98-2000 Ford contour/Mercury Mystique 2.5l.

According to this though, they make the EV-6 (Newest design) all the way down to 134 CC (12.76Lbs).
                            Last edited by TurboJake; 06-04-2012, 07:54 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Would they work on a m20?

Comment

Working...
                              X