New TPS, and now it holds 1200rpm after "popping" throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TPS, and now it holds 1200rpm after "popping" throttle

So got my new tps, and I couldnt even pop the black cover off... Bosch changed the design. Anyways.. installed it and tested it... everything there good

Car has fresh intake everything. New vac lines, new intake mani seals, new injector seals, new intake boot. I am pretty sure I have no vac leaks.

New tps has improved my idle, though it is still a tad high (900). ICV buzzes

Basically when idling if I "pop" the throttle then it revs up good (little hesitation) and on the way it down it holds 1200rpm for just a second.

I find this weird, any ideas? Car also runs cold, I believe it is an issue with my thermostat.

If the engine is running cold, the DME will try to hold a slightly higher idle. you need to replace the thermostat, soonest.

The hesitation coming off idle and the high idle could be caused by intake leaks and that would be the first thing I'd check for by running a smoke test. While you have new seals in some of the potential leak locations, there are a number of other possibilities. The smoke test will tell.

A sticky ICV is a possibility, remove it clean it with carb cleaner.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I forgot to add. If I unplug the ICV, idle shoots right up to 1500rpm.. so ICV is working

I also have new seals on the bitch tube, a new valve cover gasket, all that good stuff.

I wish smoke tests were cheaper. I have thought up a way though to pressurize the intake

Comment

Working...
      X