'88 vert won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 vert won't start

So I come out to my car this morning and it doesn't turn over, click, nothing. The radio and everything's works as it normally would. Nothing seems to be strange other than the fact that it does nothing when I turn the key. Almost like the clutch isn't depressed. It is though.
    Please help ASAP because I need to drive this car across the country in 3 days
    Don't have a multimeter on me at the moment*

I had that issue with mine, turned out something with the ignition tumbler is loose; so now I just jiggle the key when I start it and it works. Something to try at least.
    sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Well, the first thing that come to my mind is that your battery is bad. It might not have enough amperage to turn the engine over.

Comment

In my experience with dead batteries, things will operate slowly like windows, lights wil be dim, and the cluster will be erratic.
        Everything functions normally. And for the battery to be so dead that it wouldn't even turn over everything should be slow or dim.
        I don't think it's the battery but then again, that's why I'm asking. I don't know.

Comment

Starter solenoid?
          sigpic'87 335i

Comment

It started.
            I jiggled the key and it worked. I'm assuming it's that tumbler you mentioned. But could a starter solenoid cause random non starts

Comment

Working...
            X