Rotate rocker shaft arm in situ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotate rocker shaft arm in situ?

So after picking up, having cleaned up and re installing (with new gaskets & bolts), a new (used) head, I pulled off the cover this evening to adjust the valve clearance as it was super noisy

In the process of doing this I found all the valve clamps (the small black brackets over the valves) on the intake side had all come off (explains the noise!) - In trying to reinstall them, I have found the rocker arm shaft (where the slits they lock in to) is 180 degrees the wrong way...

Is there a way to twist the shaft without removing the head (and having to replace the HG and bolts & timing belt again)?

I doubt the shop that sold me the head or the engine workshop will take any responsibility either, and I should have checked - but they were all in place when I put it back in (most likely just sitting there but not locked in)

*Note - I posted this under general tech by mistake in my haste to fix my poor car... I guess its lucky I did less then 10k's since I finished the head

Yes you can rotate the shaft to get it back where it should be. The locking piece at the front of the head must be missing to allow the shafts to rotate, so you'll need to fix that after getting the shafts back in place.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X