Any advice? Or Idea's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice? Or Idea's?

Well, ive had this E30 (87 325is, original M20B25) for about 3-4 weeks now. And I love it! I dont think ill ever own a Honda again, lol. The only problem with the car is its got a slight hesitation when "blipping" the throttle? If you tap the throttle pedal it'll act like it wants to die, then rev up? I've tryed new plugs/wires and running Seafoam through her. Got nothing. Today, just now, I finally found a video of my EXACT problem!! lol, I am very excited that I can show the actual problem happening and not just "hey it does this, what is it" you know.

incase vid doesnt show, the link is

Skip to 1minute into the video to see the problem.

Edit: I've also looked for potential vacuum leaks, got nothing back on that aswell.
    Last edited by Nic B; 07-17-2012, 03:51 PM.

Bump

Comment

The first things that comes to mind after watching the video are intake leaks, a sticky ICV, and possibly a bad TPS. Remove and clean the ICV with carb cleaner, test the TPS to see if the idle switch is working, and have a shop run a smoke test on the intake and fix the leaks it finds.

Oh yeah, adjust the valves. They sound terrible.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thank you sir. The video provided was just one I found on youtube, but my m20 does the exact same thing the one in the vid does. "tap throttle, dies then picks up revs"

Comment

did you install all the plug wires correctly mine would do the sputter then pickup when i had my plug wires switched around once
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

New OEM rotor and cap solved that problem for me immediately.

Comment

Working...
            X