M20 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 issues

Little history: I come from a VW background and currently own a 90 Corrado (lots of goodies) a shitty 96 Golf daily, and a 98 Passat.
    Anyways my girl decides to get a project car, after some searching came up with an 89' 325i Coupe. The car was in an accident and rearended another car. I'm a Collision tech by trade so no big deal. The car ran well when we bought it but needed immediate attention. Replaced all the damaged parts, (waterpump, some pulleys, rad, condenser, fans, etc) repaired the Rad support and Unibody Rails. I broke the CPS sensor wire when removing the Fan Clutch, replaced that. And Finally was ready to run the car again.
    the Battery Cables were switched in the rush and it all went down hill.
    Immediately check fusible link to find that it was missing and replaced with a straight wire from a previous owner. FAIL. The now cranks but will not fire and run. As it sits it has fuel and has spark! New Plugs and Wires new fuel lines and some other preventative (while you're in there) maintenance.
    Checked all fuses and they're in working order, Tried a doaner ECU still nothing, checked for Fault codes, none came up.
    Oddest thing of all is that on 2 separate occasions the engine seemed as if it fired on one cylinder and thats it the smallest hint of combustion and nothing else wouldn't do it again that day if I cranked it til the starter died.
    Could it be out of time? I only removed the Dist cap and rotor to do the water pump and it only goes back together one way? Any thoughts? I've been at this car for awhile now and it's becoming a head ache. :(

Check for spark; start with the ignition coil?

Comment

make sure the spark plug wires are in the correct spots, both on the plugs and the cap?

Does it spray fuel?

Your paragraph gave me a headache
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Working...
      X