m20 piston and rod qeustions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 piston and rod qeustions

soo i need to bore my block in order to fix the deep scoring in the cylinders
    in order to do that i need new pistons that are slightly oversized
    now my qeustion is will these pistons in the link below work on the original b25 rods

and are the pistons oversized i noticed somthing about micro honing the wrist pins to make the rods fit what exactly is that

Short answer is yes, they will work if the machine shop specifies .5mm overbore is enough.

Rods will need new bushes (to be honed by machine shop) to properly accept the new wrist pins.

and frankly I'd have the machine shop check the pistons pretty carefully if you plan on going with them. Ideally I'd find a set of MAHLE (oem) pistons (still available new in 1mm over).
    Last edited by SkiFree; 07-19-2012, 02:36 PM.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

id go with mahle pistons if they were at this price
      there 880 for a set
      Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
      Short answer is yes, they will work if the machine shop specifies .5mm overbore is enough.

Rods will need new bushes (to be honed by machine shop) to properly accept the new wrist pins.

and frankly I'd have the machine shop check the pistons pretty carefully if you plan on going with them. Ideally I'd find a set of MAHLE (oem) pistons (still available new in 1mm over).

Comment

Is that ebay price for one piston or six?

Comment

Working...
        X