Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To replace xternal FP w/ Tre507..Question

Did a few searches and came up short. Here is another fuel pump chump

The external is whining on its way out, just ordered a Tre-507 inline and cant wait. That whine is driving me buzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Few questions..

When the external is whining does that indicate that the transfer pump is also dead?

If so, will the Tre-507 support enough fuel or does the transfer pump need to be replaced also?
    BMWfanaticVR6addict
    8 e30s - 1 e36 m3 - 3 corrado vr6s - 1 mk2 vr6 - 1 735il - 1 525i - 1 miata
    (the following have been sold, crashed, stolen or parted)

Whining pump can be the result of multiple things...bearing going bad, clogged in the fuel line somewhere, or fuel starvation from a weak transfer pump.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
      Whining pump can be the result of multiple things...bearing going bad, clogged in the fuel line somewhere, or fuel starvation from a weak transfer pump.
      That might be an issue, the "in" hole in the filter was light brown.

Isn't exxon gas clear when it comes out
      BMWfanaticVR6addict

Comment

Should I replace the inline first or the transfer pump? Is a whining inline a solid indication that the transfer is shot?
        BMWfanaticVR6addict

Comment

Until you test the transfer pump there is no way to say what the whining of the high pressure pump means. If the transfer pump is dead, it can cause the high pressure pump to whine, as can a clogged filter, obstructed fuel line, or a worn high pressure pump. Test everything and replace/repair the bad parts.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
          X