cylinder Head Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cylinder Head Job

I'm sending my brand new head to the engineer tomoro what should i have him do, such as port polish ect.

329i

Depends how far you want to go. If it was me I'd would get it reconditioned along with a mild port and valve job, just clean up the throat area and the short turn along with a multi angle valve seat cut. Then I'd get the cam reground to a suited spec. Where abouts in Australia are you? Who is doing your work? maybe I've heard of them. I'm currently an apprentice engine reconditioner its always interesting to see what work people get done to their m20's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
      Depends how far you want to go. If it was me I'd would get it reconditioned along with a mild port and valve job, just clean up the throat area and the short turn along with a multi angle valve seat cut. Then I'd get the cam reground to a suited spec. Where abouts in Australia are you? Who is doing your work? maybe I've heard of them. I'm currently an apprentice engine reconditioner its always interesting to see what work people get done to their m20's.

Its a mates car and he's on a bit of a budget, so I'm thinking a mild port job and a multi angle valve seat cut will do nicely. considering he is leaving the bottom end stock.
      Ive got a 284/272 cam ready to drop in.
      I am trailing a new engineer this time. however i used Wes engines in Lismore NSW for my stroker and i was very pleased with the work done.
      He has now limited his work Just to race engines because he is in such high demand.

329i

Comment

Just realized you already mentioned this head is brand new. Yeah a mild "Pocket" port job and 3 angle valve cut is more than enough on a standard motor, if it was a high comp stroker or turbo then a full port job would make that extra bit of a difference, but that's when it starts getting more expensive and it wouldn't be worth it on a standard motor.
        I can't say I've ever heard of that shop, as long as your happy with their work then that's what matters in the end, these sort of shops are starting to die down and there are a lot of sharks out there that dont do their jobs properly. I find myself fixing other guys work a lot of the time. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X