Waterpump pulley hitting harmonic balancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterpump pulley hitting harmonic balancer

So I'm putting my motor back together from a rebuild and my wp pulley goes straight into the balancer and locks it up...I have a eta bottom end with a I head. Tried both size pulleys both hit.
    Any suggestions appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345052528.259677.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	7144937 This is with the smaller e pulley.

Comment

what the hell? it looks like its sitting too far down for sure. are i and e pumps different?
      Last edited by e30leigh; 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

The one I put on looked te exact same as the one I pulled off...I'm gonna try and torque down my crank bolt a Lil more, I only need like a sliver of Clearence

Comment

ill take a pic of mine. Im running the E waterpump/pully with full I head swap. Only thing diffrent I had to do was run a belt one inch shorter.

Comment

are you sure the crank pully is on correctly? the small dowel pin on the crank gear is going into the small hole back side of crank pully?
            :borg:

Comment

pix of mine. It clears fine but is a tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                are you sure the crank pully is on correctly? the small dowel pin on the crank gear is going into the small hole back side of crank pully?
                Yea it's on there, I've triple checked lol...it almost has to be the crank bolt needing to go in more I'm gonna see if I can squeez it a Lil more in. Hopefully it works

Comment

did you lube the crank pullie? also i usually tap them on gently with a leather or rubber hammer before torquing the bolts

Comment

There is something wrong with the crank hub and harmonic balancer assembly or you have the wrong water pump.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

BMA went me the wrong water pump :/ took it off and compared to my old one and it's literally a cm longer

Comment

Working...
                      X