Starter troubles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter troubles....

Just rebuilt my motor and everything's finnaly put together and then turn the key and I get nothing...i wired it wrong the first time, will this kill a solenoid? Any inputs appreciated! I jus want to start her up!!

Ok, well I think my problem moved to the alt, the small blue wire....where does it go?

Comment

While it is possible to wiring wrong to the point that damage can result. That will usually be be obvious from smoking wires.

Common mistakes in a case like this are forgetting to re-install the ground strap from the left side of the engine to the chassis, or in the case of a 9/87 or later car, getting the unloader and solenoid wires crossed, or forgetting to put the battery on a charger the night before.

Two wires attach to the alternator A large red wire that goes between the alternator and the starter and a small wire (I forget the color) that supplies exciter power to the alternator. But those will not prevent the engine from cranking or running.

Other common mistakes, that will prevent the engine from firing are crossing the fuel and return lines or crossing the crank position and cylinder ID connectors.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Hmm alrite well here are some pics of what's going on, there's some wierd stuff going on so maybe I can get some clarification Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345314479.576005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	7144978 kind of confused with the 2 connected wires that are blue/yellow and blue/white....seems like something's not right here...

Comment

I agree that what you have looks strange. The crimp connector certainly isn't OEM.

What car is this and does it have the original engine and harness?

Comment

85 325e with a complete i top end...

Comment

I'm gonna be doin this swap and like some clarification since this may be the only hiccup ill have with it cuz I'm keepin my starter not swappin for the i's

Comment

Yea I'm giving up and calling a mechanic over in the morning...I'll let you know what he says

Comment

Originally posted by tbruz View Post
                  85 325e with a complete i top end...
                  Does that include the M20B25 AFM, CPS, injectors, engine harness, and DME?

Comment

Need to check out the engine harness but it has the I intake manifold, head, afm, distributor, aftermarket blaster coil, and I spark plug wires...I think that's it haha

Comment

Working...
                    X