Coolant leak on driver side of engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant leak on driver side of engine.

What is up party people! My awesome m20 decided to expel most of its coolant the other day through a very peculiar spot. Well i am not to sure what the hell this is, i have tried to search and find out but have not had any luck. I am now asking you guys for help in figuring out what the hell this part is!
    any input will be greatly appreciated!!

That object is the oil return tube. Your leak will probably be be at the throttle body heater or possibly the head gasket. If the car was parked nose down the leak could be at the nipple on the left side of the engine near the firewall. In a like manner if parked nose up there could be a leak at or around the the thermostat housing.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      That object is the oil return tube. Your leak will probably be be at the throttle body heater or possibly the head gasket. If the car was parked nose down the leak could be at the nipple on the left side of the engine near the firewall. In a like manner if parked nose up there could be a leak at or around the the thermostat housing.
      i figured that the oil return tube was the cause of the leak. Turns out it was my heater hose connected to the thermostat. Thanks again for the input.

Comment

Working...
      X