Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ignition coils (plural) don't work? (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ignition coils (plural) don't work? (pic)

As preventative I bought a new ignition coil from Advance, installed it in the parking lot, and the car would crank but not idle more than a couple of seconds. I could keep the engine running when I applied throttle but it was extremely rough. Assuming it was a bad coil out of box, I gave it back and told them to order another one. Second one came yesterday and it did the exact same thing. Both times I reconnected my old coil and it cranked up and ran no problem. I looked up the part # and it looks to be the right one. Any thoughts? Here's a pic of the ones I received from Advance

Edit: I have an M20 B27 with Motronic 1.3 swap. I've been using the old coil since I got the car in 2004.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rcfanatic; 09-14-2012, 10:09 AM.
    sigpic

I remember ordering a new coil from a parts store local to here for previous e30. Idled like shit (still ran but terribly), put the old coil back in and it ran like it should.
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

if your looking to replace it just get a MSD blaster coil. They work well and are really cheap and can be found at most autoparts stores. something has to be wrong with that kind of coil if your car idles like poo with it installed.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
      X