Idle issues!!! Cant figure it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle issues!!! Cant figure it out

Okay guys so iv searched and searched but cant find anything that helps!

The car is a 1990 325is 2.5 m20 auto i just got finished doing the head gasket on it. sent the head to the machine shop cleaned everything up and put it all together with new head bolts,water pump, timing belt kit, spark plugs, and all new gaskets along with all the other misc hoses and stuff you replaced when you do a job like this. the car runs and drives great above 1000k RPM feels like theres so much more power now the only problem im having is the idle. it does have a ebay chip along with m50 injectors these are the only 2 mods done to the car the tach seems to read right on idle but the motor idles as if it has a irregular heart beat ( best way i can describe it) and it also shakes quite a bit when it has that hiccup.

iv replaced the coolant temp sensor, cleaned the TB , cleaned and checked the ICV came back with good ohm numbers 20-40-20, cleaned and checked the AFM also had good ohm numbers. checked for vacuum leaks ( carb cleaner way) and found absolutely nothing. checked all the vacuum lines all of which are ok. there is no fuel coming out of the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose so i assume thats ok.i rewired the c191 connector with bullet connectors ( mine was corroded) new air filter,new fuel filter, im truly stumped i dont know what else to do ? what could it be!

Any advise will be taken and thanks in advanced. i am new to the forum and already cant get off of it everyday. (so many things you can do to these e30's)

ebay chip + M50 injectors are your problem. Put back stock injectors and chip to see if the problem persists.

Comment

This would cause an idle issue?

Comment

Have you checked your throttle position sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
          ebay chip + M50 injectors are your problem. Put back stock injectors and chip to see if the problem persists.
          This, and a new O2 sensor if it has 100k on it and a smoke test of the intake.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I have not checked the throttle position sensor what is the proper way to do this ?

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
              This, and a new O2 sensor if it has 100k on it and a smoke test of the intake.
              is there a way to test the o2 sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by blk90e30 View Post
                is there a way to test the o2 sensor?
                While you can tell, by monitoring voltage, if the O2 sensor is completely dead to tell if it is working correctly you need a mixed gas flow bench. The O2 sensor is a scheduled maintenance item with a replacement interval of 100k.

The TSP is checked with a meter or test light to see if the idle switch closes when the throttle closes and to see if the WOT switch closes when the throttle is wide open.
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I have a meter would you ohm this ? There is 3 pins how would I go about doing this

Comment

Just replace the O2 sensor if it is the original...don't even think about testing it.

Comment

just got a new o2 sensor lets see if that helps any

any more info on testing the TPS would help !

Comment

Working...
                      X