88 ix ignition issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 ix ignition issue?

I have been trying to clear up what I think is an ignition issue on my sister's ix and am running out of ideas.
    It hesitates pretty bad coming off idle in any gear and pretty much under any heavy load.
    It had gotten progressively worse until I started throwing parts at it.
    A known working coil helped, as did a new set of wires but it's still doing it.
    Plugs cap and rotor all look good and are less than 6 months old. Did that with the timing belt.

Whats next?

Have a shop run a smoke test and fix the leaks it reveals.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      Have a shop run a smoke test and fix the leaks it reveals.
      How many times have you given out this advice, Jim? I think this must be the first requirement to have done prior to posting any question regarding idle issues here.:twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
        How many times have you given out this advice, Jim? I think this must be the first requirement to have done prior to posting any question regarding idle issues here.:twisted:
        Well, it should be the first action in an idle issue or hesitation issue. But it seems to be the last thing that most posters will do. Probably because that means spending money at a shop.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Correct! That's why we're here right?

Comment

Originally posted by williamtii View Post
            Correct! That's why we're here right?
            Yeah, but you would think by now smoke test should have been priority 1 when troubleshooting idle issues or hesitation. You do not need to go to a shop to have smoke test done. An aquarium pump, some smoke, a few tubing, and you have a diy smoke machine. Just be creative!

Comment

Working...
            X