M20 bogging and stuttering PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 bogging and stuttering PLEASE HELP!

My ordeal began about 3 weeks ago. I parked on a hill facing up the hill and as soon as I put the car into neutral, it started idling rough. I didnt think much of it. I was low on fuel but not incredibly low. I turned the car off and hung out at a friends for a while.

I went to start my car to leave and the rough idle proceeded. I took off in first and it was smooth. Shifted to second and at about 2k it began to bog. At just about 3k it began to stutter. The car wanted to jump but it couldnt. Same in 3rd gear. Not so much in 4th and 5th. Also the fuel efficiency meter wasn't working at all.

I slowly managed my way to a shell gas station to fill to a half a tank hoping that this would fix my issue and maybe my fuel gauge was giving me an issue and I was lower on fuel than I though.

Started her up... rough idle... shifted to first.. smooth.. shifted to second... BOG BOG BOG BOG BOG BOG .. stutter.

F*$%# !

Checked my cap and rotor, plugs and wires the next day. All in functioning order. There was a little oil on cylinder 4 and 5's spark plugs but I didnt think much of it but everything else was in proper, working condition.

Did a compression test... cylinders 2 and 3.. dead...

F^$#$^ !

But then it hit me and please correct me if I am wrong but if there is fuel + spark getting to the cylinder, doesnt that mean that piston would be at least be making some kind of effort to crank?

When I say cylinders 2 and 3 are dead, I mean DEAD. 0% compression.

I'm thinking theres an issue with my fuel system. Maybe when I parked on the hill, I was so low on fuel that all the debris at the bottom of the tank was sucked into my fuel pump, fuel lines, injectors, and fuel filter and left its mark by clogging something up. I put fuel system cleaner in with a full tank and by the end of the tank, it was running a little better but not by much.

Today I was due for an oil change so I thought since Im down there, why not start replacing some thing. Decided to go with the fuel filter.

STILL NOTHING!

The bogging and sputtering have improved a little but nothing substantially noticeable. Now im just back firing A LOT.

Next thing I plan on tackling are the injectors.

If you have ever experienced anything like this before or have any ideas of what may be causing the issue, please help me out.

It hurts my to see her run like that. :(

Thanks in advance!
    ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

It could be that you have peeled some of the "teeth" on your timing belt. Thus putting your Cam out of time with the Crank. When was it last changed?

Basically you'll need to verify your static timing.

Comment

I have no idea on its last replacement... I was also thinking (but hoping it isnt so) that the piston rings may be fried...

How do I go about verifying my static timing?
      ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Working...
      X