not starting? WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not starting? WTF

The 87 325E Has been running just fine.... Shut it off, it sat for about a week, not it wont start. Its getting spark, gas, but still will not start.. It even sounds like its about to turn over then nothing.... Is this the rotor?? What do you think it could be?

First check your fuses and swap your fuel relay with your O2 sensor heater relay.

If that checks out, do a fuel pressure test. Then test for compression...

So, you're saying it's firing though? Just won't take?
    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Ok.... Yes..... It was running just fine.... Now after sitting for a few days, it will crank, but not fire. I took a plug out and its getting spark. I disconnected the fuel line from the rail and it had fuel pressure... Feels like its out of gas but it has a full tank.....

Comment

Fuel at the rail doesn't mean that rail pressure is correct. Tee in a gauge ad see if the rail pressure is correct when cranking. And look for gross intake leaks.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Autozone rents a fuel pressure tester for a refundable $150 deposit.

Check your battery?

Comment

^^^ okok.... battery is good. I had it on a charger box while working on it....

Comment

Also - test for spark at every plug, not just one. While the plugs are out, check to see if they are fouled... and I would hand turn the crank a few times to rule out hydrolock. Then blow compressed air into each cylinder to eliminate any possible flooding.

If you haven't looked at your cap and rotor in a while, take a look there too...

I just went through all of this - In my case, I had a broken rocker arm.
              My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by ONELOVE View Post
                ^^^ okok.... battery is good. I had it on a charger box while working on it....
                car running now?
                -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                For more updates:)
                Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Try this low wrenching diagnosis - pull the hose off the side of the rubber intake boot, spray carb cleaner in there, re-attach hose, then quickly try and start it. If it starts, then you have a problem with the cold start injector. If this is the case, the injector is bad, or it's not getting signal to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ONELOVE View Post
                    The 87 325E Has been running just fine.... Shut it off, it sat for about a week, not it wont start. Its getting spark, gas, but still will not start.. It even sounds like its about to turn over then nothing.... Is this the rotor?? What do you think it could be?
                    The only requirements for a running engine are air, fuel, compression, and spark.

How do you know you are getting fuel into the engine? Have you tested all of your fuses yet? If you are indeed getting spark, then that rules out the ignition system.

A simple way to see if the problem is an intake leak is to disconnect your AFM, and see if it starts.

Let's take this one step at a time.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X