Maybe someone can help me, 87 325e motor into 88 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone can help me, 87 325e motor into 88 325

I have searched for a long time, I have a 88 325 with an 87 325e motor in it. Currently I have a no start, no crank condition. I have power to the main relays and power to the coil. All the windows, lights, wipers, radio, etc. work with the ignition switched on. The fuel pump does not prime with the ignition switched on and I do not have power to the starter when trying to crank. Also with the ignition switched on I do dont have the CEL illuminated on the cluster. I remember reading that you have to jump the green wire at c104 to terminal 15 on the coil, but this is for a 325i motor I believe. It seems that the c104 on the 325e and 325i are different. Can anyone help me out or has anyone tried this before? Thanks in advance.

A E30's fuel pump does not prime when the ignition is switched on. It only runs when the DME sees timing data from a rotating engine. An 88 car doesn't have a C104.

Are you using the 88's harness, DME, and AFM? If so, did you swap over the 88's CPS? You can make and E engine run with the 88's harness, DME, and AFM, but won't run right because the cam is different. And there is the danger of over-reving the engine. Swapping on an I head would make sense in this case.

The lack of a CEL with ignition on suggests that there is no power to the DME, or no ground.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X