Bigger injectors now what...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Nobody is trying to teach you how to build a car!
    They all gave out legitimate answers. Regardless of your injector size, some pumps have failed at low psi and some at high.

Mine failed at aroind 8psi with 42#, kamotors is still going on oem 15psi+ with 42#'s.
    I never had 42lbers.

I'm going at 20-23psi on 60lb injectors on stock pump with NO issues:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Ooookay. now i have a better understanding of whats going on back there. Jlevie, dnguyen1963, BergerNJ and deutschmon thank u much for your input. I now know which direction to go in. Feels good needing one less part to go turbo.
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Who's doing your head work? Please don't say you are..... and if you are, and we are on the subject of what you are planning, those +1 valves are useless. Stick to the regular FP and let someone teach you how to build a motor.
        Guys like Jlevie have forgotten more than most of us will ever learn.
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
          I feel like stock pumps on larger injectors meant to run at 3.5bar, 3.5bar u said right, are running at full load just to keep up with the larger injector fuel needs. It may only be SLIGHTLY larger but it's not what the stock injectors were. Hence possibly making the pumps work harder... My coworker explained it to me in a more scientific way. But he was saying something like at idle the pumps at full volume trying to keep up with the tune. Idk

To me it seems like if your going beyond stock injectors it may be time for pumps that can flow better than stock also. Just kinda makes sense to me....idk
          If a fuel pump was barely able to maintain idle then the car would not be able to accelerate at all even on a stock tune. Whether your running 14lb stock injectors or 100lb injectors your still flowing the exact same amount at idle. It just squirts the same amount of fuel in a shorter period of time. I believe the stock fuel pump is something like 180 liters per hour which breaks down to about 50cc per second. If your engine consumed that much you'd need to have a gas tank the size of hot tub. Here is a breakdown of fuel consumption based on horsepower. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_s...el_consumption. Also work is change in pressure, not volume. So if you were to run a 4bar FPR then you would be making your pump work harder.

In case your wondering i'm running 80lb injectors on my 300k+ miles original pump. Had no problem with 42lb injectors with e85 at 14psi.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
          I was referring to the ppl trying to tell me how a stock ecu with bigger injectors is useless. Ppl nitpicking at my build style rather than answering my question.

In reality we all help each other get our builds done. That's why forums can sometimes be insightful.

I'm going to search other builds, but NO ONE has explained the 2 fuel pump system or anything. Which pump would a higher flow walbro 255 go??

I have a pump going (warm starts just crank and crank sometimes unless I gas it) and would rather not buy a oem pump and a higher flow rated down the road when I turbo in a few months.

Where would the high flow pump go?
          In the tank? Outside of the tank above filter? Or both. At this point I might just fuck with both of me.

If you have an early model then you don't use walbro 255. You would get a Bosch 044 (300lph). Not cheap and not usually needed unless your going over 20psi of boost. Tre now makes a 225lph version of like the bosch unit called the TRE-200. Not sure if its any good. If your external pump make a lot of noise when your tank is empty chances are your lift pump is dead.
          Last edited by einstein57; 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I made it to 14psi with stock pump and 50lb injectors.

You could also run a 255 in tank on an early model. Slight cutting of the line on the sender is required (too long otherwise) then I bypassed my stock pump.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

My Dinan boosted at 11-12psi on 25lb injectors and a stock pump.
              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Working...
              X