Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy smokes your the man thanks.

Comment

It was racing dynamics and I believe there was 1. All I've ever seen is a picture in a brochure. I think the m50 was right around the corner and they ditched the idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

i still want to stick with the m20. is there any machine work the crank or block that needs to be done to get the s52 crank to work? also how much should i be willing to pay for a crank?

Comment

Dude rock the m20!!! Forget these "swap this swap that" na sayers. BOOST THAT MESS!!!!!! I'm comin from the cummins world. (96 12v fuel plate gov springs boost elbow BHAF exhaust yada yada, would hit 40lbs boost. Towards limit of stock head bolts and gasket. EGT would rocket past the safe 1250*. Man I miss that truck:( )

what can i say, I like 6 in a row!

Build it. There are some brilliant guys on here. And some complete idiots. Listen to the smart guys and kill that VW!! :)
          Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

i had a 05 cummins, fass, afe, live tuning, strait pipe, banks 6 gun, and 443 rwhp and 861 trq at the wheels. now im rocking a ford 6.9 idi turbo'd and soon to run meth. loved my truck too. sold it to pay for school. but back to reality im a m20 fan. and i beleive that they can be nasty. and one way or another that vw is going down. its not that swaps are bad, but when it comes to easy and fun as well as balence of the car i dont think that they are beatable really. i mean look at the sweeds, 600hp reliably out of these suckers. plus killing a viper with one would be oh so fun. and vett owners are pompus bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
              Dude rock the m20!!! Forget these "swap this swap that" na sayers. BOOST THAT MESS!!!!!! I'm comin from the cummins world. (96 12v fuel plate gov springs boost elbow BHAF exhaust yada yada, would hit 40lbs boost. Towards limit of stock head bolts and gasket. EGT would rocket past the safe 1250*. Man I miss that truck:( )

what can i say, I like 6 in a row!

Build it. There are some brilliant guys on here. And some complete idiots. Listen to the smart guys and kill that VW!! :)

sounds just like my current truck ;)

Comment

Hey! Did you buy Brandon's car?

Comment

nope

Comment

Just realized you are the other guy when bit comes down to turbo e30's in IF.

Comment

Only 450whp? No need to do a crazy engine build KISS
                      ARP studs
                      O-Ring block
                      PPF cam
                      Full standalone
                      80lb+ injectors (i'd just run e85 if its readily available)
                      Beefy clutch (i'm running an s52 setup)
                      2.75-3" intercooler plumbing

Stock bottom end is pretty capable of holding 450 assuming your not trying to make a drift missile. Super eta bottom end if you want 2.7 low end torque.

But to keep on topic with ultimate m20 in my book

Ported and polished head with with welded water chanels. Oversized swirl valves, billet rockers, metric mechanic valve springs, titanium retainers, ppf cam, nuke cam gear, ID 1000cc injectors, short runner intake, o-ringed block, m21 knife edge crank, forged rods, 8.5:1 pistons, Ishihara johnson crank scrapper, taped block for oil drain, and a nice mega squirt unit to top it off.
                      Last edited by einstein57; 01-23-2013, 01:04 AM.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X