Need Confirmation on 325eta MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Confirmation on 325eta MAF

I am considering doing a MAF conversion with my 86 325eta. from what i have gathered i need the following:

All from a early model Non-Vanos E36

ECU
    Wiring harness
    cam position senser
    the MAF
    and since i am getting the harness may as well get the coils and do a COP conversion.

Will this work and is that everything ill need?
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

The coils from an m50 style to an m20 style won't work how you are thinking.

Comment

ok how can i get it to work the only real reason for the COP conversion is cause ill have the wiring to do so.

sigpic

Comment

It sounds like you are trying to take a lot in, in a short time, or so I think from all your recent threads.

Awesome.

But read and absorb as much as you can around here before you decide what you really want to do.

Comment

On a eta engine? Really? Cop? Maf?

What the heck is wrong with you. Are you looking to break the magical 130hp mark?
          harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
            On a eta engine? Really? Cop? Maf?

What the heck is wrong with you. Are you looking to break the magical 130hp mark?
            No, the reason for the MAF is cause I want to get rid of that AFM and allow the engine to breath a little better. and like I stated, ill have the wiring may as well do it and i can make the bracket to hold the coils no problem. Also its just a challenge. I like me a challenge.
            Last edited by Bimmer_man; 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM.

sigpic

Comment

^Sir Dude.

You have an eta, it's gonna need a lot more than letting it breath a little better.

I think a full assault of maintenance, then start saving for a 24v swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                It sounds like you are trying to take a lot in, in a short time, or so I think from all your recent threads.

Awesome.

But read and absorb as much as you can around here before you decide what you really want to do.
                Yeah all I do at night when im relaxing is read up on this stuff some of the info i cant seem to find cause i dont put in the right key words er something. But everything ill be doing to this car is what i want to do for one cause its mu first car i have had this thing going on 6 years and i kinda dont want to buy another car. I love my E30 and the M20 engine dosnt have much potential unless i turbo it but im not a boost kinda guy. I love high revving engines.

sigpic

Comment

^Sir Dude.

You have an eta, it's gonna need a lot more than letting it breath a little better.

I think a full assault of maintenance, then start saving for a 24v swap.
                  Im going to be doing a S54 swap when i have about $8,000 saved. so what i want to do now will suffice.

sigpic

Comment

So you just want to take all the stuff off an m50NV and install it on your eta?

Comment

So you just want to take all the stuff off an m50NV and install it on your eta?
                      pretty much but thats what iv gathered i know theres a little more than that to it i need to make a cam position sensor bracket what else am i missing that id need to do?

sigpic

Comment

Well my b25 is maf'd. I know you need the maf, some wiring know how and a tune on the ecu.
                        harry/harout

Comment

if thats all it took then thats what id love to do. do you know of anyone who sells a chip or the software for the eta ECU to understand what the MAF is sending ?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
                            pretty much but thats what iv gathered i know theres a little more than that to it i need to make a cam position sensor bracket what else am i missing that id need to do?
                            What is the cam sensor going to read? You need a toothed wheel off an m50 and fit it too. And remember that an m50 dme is set up to run an m50, which has far different air flow characteristics, VE and compression ratio than an m20b27. Timing and fuel maps will be optimized for a different engine.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
                            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

You can contact Castro Motorsport, Im sure he can sell you a tune.

M50 dme will not work for you.
                              harry/harout

Comment

Working...
                              X