M20B25 i picked up/parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B25 i picked up/parts

a buddy with a 325i that he took out of his car had gave me engine and was told that he swapped the motor do to ticking in the engine , so ipicked up alot of things from him for a 100 bucks , i have a few questions , i searched before i made this thread , but i couldnt find out wth this chemical one of the members used to clean there cylinder head was called , also was wondering if it would be fine to just hot tank the cylinder head and just clean up the block with scotch brite pads what other chemical can be used to get everything off there was some kind of chemical someone said that could be picked up from home depot etc ,also got a drivers seat that i cant figure out what its called and i want to find out if anyone knows how hard it would be to find them i need to pick up the whole set -_- , for the engine i just finished pulling it apart! nothing was wrong it looked clean nothing wrong witht he cylinder walls or the pistons or valves the headgasket was still good , all the belts and gaskets were changed according to him and was running just had a ticking noise , < the valves needed adjusting scored an engine im gonna build for now untill i find a e30 , to put it in , but just wanted the fourms input on what to doo thanks! pics aswell ,he had also gave me the victor reinz gasket kit some gaskets were gone but , the HeadGasket wasnt used!!! how are they? also bought that pully , used to take the engine out of my truck its pretty damn handy and i think would help with oil pan jobs!

Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
    1987 bmw e30 euro part out
    1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
    Metric Mechanic 2.9 stroker
    Holset Hx35w CXRacing Manifold
    MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
    OEM HG AEM Methanol injection
    20psi

Purple power is the chemical you speak of. Scored on that engine! Ticking was likely valvetrain or injectors. The vr gasket set, you are going to get mixed reviews on that. Personally, I don't like their head gaskets and refuse to use them. Replace those head bolts with new ones when you reassemble.
    -Andy

Comment

thank youuu , and yea thats what im thinking the ticking was probably the valves needing adjusting , and what kind of headstuds do u recommend , i have no car yet.. for this engine.. calgary has shitty cars.... , and what gasket do you prefer aswell , im thinking if i get a e30 , im still getting an is model nothing else idc how long it takes me!!! , and ill have this as a back up motor im thinking probably clean it up and leave it stock and just low end turbo , if i can get everything working right and all , mm i dont think its the purple powder!! it was a weird name i think it had numbers in it aswell , some one used it and it worked great , i have that degreasser in my garage
      Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
      1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
      MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
      20psi

Comment

409? I think its a household cleaner only product that has numbers.

Comment

hmmm nope , ill have to look for it my frikin laptop crashed and everything got deleted.. shit sucks , anyone know what kind of seat that is ? i wanna find the rest they look sexy.
          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
          20psi

Comment

Good find, but I think you have used enough commas in your writing.

Comment

Dude what seat is that..... Looks so bad ass
              M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Dont use the VR headgasket unless you want to do the job over and over

get the BMW headbolts and headgasket.

other than that, blow the cylinders out with air, clean the head and block surfaces, get checked, throw it back together.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

^ sounds like a good enough idea , im probably going to do that i just need to get ane ngine stand next x) how would u guys go about cleaning it im thinking im just going to use a scotch brite and try diffrent kinds of cleaners and as for the headgasket my buddy went and bought that set from auto value haha shitty that they suck but alright im gonna stick to useing oem parts also for the bolts i heard metrics blues is the way to go? is that right or are the oem ones better if i was going oem hg and turbo

Dude what seat is that..... Looks so bad ass
                  thats what im trying to figure out!!! there frikin sexyy i only have one , my buddy said the e30 he found them in had the rest torn apart...
                  Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                  1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                  MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                  20psi

Comment

my dad works for the county fleet and they just put out a memo to not clean block's mating surfaces with scotchbrites. the fibers are getting stuck in the rings and breaking them. im 90% sure thats what happened to my last block.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

oh shit, i just used it but barely cleaned anything smh , im gonna air clean head , also probably going to flush the engine aswell , but what do yu recommend to use i need to clean it still im thinking im gonna get the head tanked but what do i need to remove off the head? so it can get tanked , also i used some degreasing chemical... i need somehting stronger then this shit it isnt doing anything!! recommendations would be great!
                      Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                      1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                      MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                      20psi

Comment

i put the water pump back in and CLR it. comes out very nice. dont clean the oil side
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

okay , that sounds good , but i also need to clean the old hg ... what chemicals good for that? i just tried thinner , wd40 , some degreaser , carb cleaner , etc nothing? what do u guys prefer to use on a drill to clean it asap!! need help
                          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                          20psi

Comment

Is there anything I can use with a drill to clean the head and block
                            Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                            1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                            MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                            20psi

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              my dad works for the county fleet and they just put out a memo to not clean block's mating surfaces with scotchbrites. the fibers are getting stuck in the rings and breaking them. im 90% sure thats what happened to my last block.
                              Eric, what do you recommend if I have read your comment in this thread too late? I cleaned the surface of my block with the burgundy colored scotch just yesterday. What can I do to ensure the shit is out of there?

Comment

Working...
                              X