Starting Issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Issue...

I have an 89 325 i convertable, I bought as a fixer... I have been having issues starting and its making me crazy... I was going through interior and electrical, trying to sort out some issues there, and in the process, sprayed something in the intake for cleaning it and the car choked... I was trying to start it and the starter overheated... After that all I got was a clicking sound... I changed the starter with another used one... It turned the engine over but then just stopped... Now it makes a clack, but doesnt turn over... I tested battery and its good, made sure I have electrical signal to solonoid when I turn the key... Everything checks out... If I put the car in gear and try to start it it click but the sound is different... My question is this... When I was jacking the car up I stuck a block of wood under the timing gear and jacked from there... Is it possible I jacked my engine in the process? I feel like an idiot for doing that, but could I have bent the crank somehow? Any thoughts appreciated

take the engine out of gear. In neutra. put a 22mm wrench on the crank and see if you can turn it by hand. if you can, then something is very wrong. if you can, then it's a starter or electrical issue.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Does anyone actually know what size the crank bolts are... 22 millimeter wont fit... looks like 26 or 27?

Comment

Ha... I used a 1 1/16 whatever that size might be metric and the engine turns fine, I put the car in nuetral and pulled spark plugs.... Next I will be pulling the starter again... :D

Comment

Working...
        X